Tuesday, January 26, 2010

she said love may make you blind, kid.

Spring Awakening is coming to Rochester...


... and that is amazing in its own right. But if you watch the above video, note the risers on the sides of the stage with people sitting there. That is where Matt and I will be sitting for the Valentine's Day matinee show. I'm so freakin' excited, there aren't words.

Spring Awakening was part of the NYC trip that Matt put together when he asked me to marry him. In fact, that's was what we did the evening after we got engaged in Central Park. So it's special for that reason. It's also special because it's one of those rare musicals we both enjoy (instead of me thoroughly enjoying and Matt barely stomaching). It's not fluff (ie: not based on a Reese Witherspoon movie), the music is fantastic, the performances just suck you right into the story...

I'm gushing. I can't help it. I'm a musical nerd/snob and I just adore this show.


No comments: