Friday, January 29, 2010

four seasons are for phonies.


I will not miss snow. Everytime I bring up my hatred of winter and thus, my wanting to move to Southern California people go...

"Oh you just wait, you're going to miss having four seasons."


I really won't. Not even a little. It's like someone else telling me what my favorite color should be.

Three-hundred and fifty-eight days out of the year I miss the Pacific Ocean, reliably warm weather and that part of 163 that cuts through Balboa Park. I miss Dog Beach, Ocean Beach and the pier. I miss truly amazing fish tacos, In-N-Out and real Mexican food.


The world at large thinks that the trip to California in July is only fueled by nerd-lust for Comic Con. Sadly, it's my one week of the year where I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be.

No comments: