Sunday, January 3, 2010

i always thought he was mister who and just happened to be a doctor.

Spoilers for Doctor Who: End of Time ahead. Consider yourself warned.

Christmas and New Years were a bit weepy on the count of the end of David Tennant as Doctor Who. I didn't like the first part of the holiday special, but the second wrapped things up allright and I'll give Russell T. Davies a pass on the whole "Doctor's reward". It's incredibly convenient; but I can't say I didn't love the Doctor getting a chance to see everyone again. Though, I still don't like the Star Wars cantina scene they threw Captain Jack in. However, allons-y Alonzo.

I always feel bad for Sarah Jane. I've never even seen an episode when she was a proper companion —but the idea of travelling with the Doctor, then getting left, stuck in a normal life again is just heartbreaking. As terrible as it is in it's own right, at least Donna can't remember. She doesn't know what she's missing. But I'll miss Donna a whole lot. Wilf too.

I didn't think I'd cry, but the final Ten and Rose scene pushed me over the edge.



It's incredibly unfair that David Tennant's run on Doctor Who has come to an end. This is compounded by the fact that we have to wait until the spring to see Matt Smith in action.

We did get this:


Matt found an interesting bit of trivia, as it seems to be that "Geronimo" is going to be this Doctor's catch phrase. There's an old WWII paratrooper's chant that goes:

Down from Heaven comes ELEVEN
and there's HELL to pay below
shout "GERONIMO" "GERONIMO"

Is it spring yet?

No comments: