Sunday, January 3, 2010

ex-mas wrap up.


before christmas.

Before the actual holidays hit there was the usual smattering of pre-tinsel festivities. Two work parties (both mine, oddly enough) and a Christmas small dog playgroup that I took the Clarkster to. The dog park is often heavy on the big dogs and he is kind of "meh" on that. So he worked the room like Sinatra and I embarrassed him and myself by handing him over to a stranger in a fuzzy suit.

holly daze.

Christmas was with my folks this year. Having run through PTO days like they were burning a hole in my pocket (not that I regret it. I fucking love you San Diego, Williamsburg and New Hampshire), I had to work Christmas Eve. Matt took the day off and had the car ready by the time work was over. Four to five hours later, we ducked into Kingston for food and then headed to the countryside for an evening with my dad and stepmother.

Christmas Day had it's child-of-divorce schedule: wake up at dad's for breakfast and stockings, go to mom's for presents and dinner, then back to dad's for presents. We shook up the usual schedule by getting Dad and Gaelen out to a Christmas Day night movie: Sherlock Holmes.




It was brilliant. RDJ has raced up my list of favorite actors. Even the previews before the flick were promising. Hot Tub Time Machine, Tracey Morgan/Bruce Willis/Stiffler/Kevin Smith awesomness and the new Christopher Nolan mindfuck (with Leo DiCaprio and Ellen Page). However, this was my first exposure to Leap Year and as much as I enjoy Amy Adams; that looks like pure garbage.

Saturday was Christmas with the extended family on my dad's side. So after a winding trip through the back roads connecting the Hudson Valley with Connecticut, we were in the thick of family. I don't get to see that side of my family often, so each time's a treat.

Sunday we headed home. However, we made a point to stop at Sonic on the way out. Fun times.

sweet lootz.
I know that whole "Santa's always watching" is a boldface lie because I got way too many awesome presents. Clark and I scored a tunnel and weave poles for agility from my mom. Dad and Gaelen fed my anglophile DVD collection with the first season of The IT Crowd and Matt was just spectacularly amazing to me.

The big present(s) aren't ready for primetime blogging yet. They're part of a year long project that, if all goes well, will probably dominate my blogging from there on out. But aside from that, my N64-like, present meltdown came when I opened a box containing the import of The Mighty Boosh: Future Sailors Live Tour. Four DVDs, a card game and a Boosh belt buckle.

Oh, and one incredibly happy girl.

Future Sailors is beyond hilarious. The only bit I've really seen before is the Bob Fossil Dance Academy and that was live in SD at the Boosh secret show. I want to run away and join the Boosh, pls.

I am incredibly spoiled by British TV. Thank god for BBC America, Adult Swim and the internet. The only American stuff I regularly watch is on the premium channels (save for my guilty pleasure human trainwreck shows like Hoarders). The major networks could drop off the face of the planet and I wouldn't bat an eye.


No comments: