Sunday, October 25, 2009

nobody knows halloween like MAMA

Thank god for an easy Halloween costume, otherwise I don't know how I'd pull it together this week. The plan started as just going as a generic Merlotte's waitress. Then I saw a blonde wig on sale at JoAnne's... and now I'm going for the full Sookie Stackhouse treatment. The hardest piece of the costume puzzle to track down was black shorts/skirt. The season has passed for that kind of stuff and Merlotte's girls aren't known for wearing sensible slacks. Thank you, Target clearance rack! I bought an official Merlotte's apron from HBO and the boys are letting me borrow an empty bottle of TruBlood for the evening. It's easier to carry that around on a tray as opposed to a pitcher of Mountain Dew (got to love the South).



Things left to do? I have to add the Merlotte's logo to the shirt I bought, track down a waitress tray and put together a little restaurant check/order pad. Oh, and shoes. I have to figure out shoes.



I tried to convince Matt to go as Terry, but he wasn't into it. Haha. The plan now is for him to go as The Moon from The Mighty Boosh. I take back what I said about having it easy on costume making this week —we need to figure out how The Moon is going to work. I mean, the smudgy white make up is easy. We just need to build a giantic circle around his face and have it be seamless.

However it gets put together, I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

I'm so excited for the MAMA's House Halloween extravaganza!

No comments: