Thursday, November 5, 2009

werewolf bar mitzvah. spooky scary.

I love Halloween. I was especially excited for a True Blood themed Halloween this year (at least for me and the jack-o-lanterns that graced our front porch).
Sookie.

Bill didn't come out so good. The pattern was a mess after the transfer.

And Eric.. oh, Eric. I think he actually turned out the best. Still, I'm not afraid of Eric.

While the Sookie costume kind of came together quietly over a few weeks, I was bouncing up and down as I got ready for trick-or-treaters and the party. The most startling part of the outfit was the wig. I've never thought about going blonde before and I'll never consider it in the future. It was just odd and the wig was huge. I had to tame it's madness into a side ponytail deal.
It's hard to see in the photo, but I even had a silver chain looped around, circa season one. Oh, the nerdiness.

Matt's moon costume was awesome when he had the sky-board on and eerie when he was just covered in white face paint. I think he scared some kids at the door. :D He made it all by himself too and had a blast doing it.

We hung out at home until about nine, because I love the fact that we get trick-or-treaters. To help with our ongoing efforts to eat right, I ended up buying candy that neither of us would touch: mini tootsie roll pops, lemon heads and the ultimate leper of the candy world, Twilight candy hearts. I unleashed that sparkly awfulness on about 40 or so kids who came to the door and left with necco wafers emblazoned with Twilighty sayings.

After that, we killed the porch lights and headed to the MAMA's house bash.

MAMA's house rocks and throws the BEST Halloween party. I love getting the chance to see the City Newspaper peeps. Among them was a Sam Merlotte. :D


Anna's Dalek costume kicked ass. So did the Doctor Who themed shots that fateful Monday night was filled with. I think I filled my Merlotte's glass twice with Time Rotors and I did a few of the TARDIS shots in the neato test tubes she got.

The boys were Calvin and Hobbes. I think this is them acting out a panel from the comic strip. I'm not sure, I'm kinda stealing the party pics from Matt's flickr.

Sunday, we rejoined MAMA's house for brunch and then headed to Target to sweep up some Halloween clearance deals. It's a great time of year for people who love things with skulls on them. :D I think my favorite is the glittery, black skull that's now on the table near the door.

Then the post-Halloween let down set in Monday morning. Next year seems so far away.

No comments: