Thursday, March 4, 2010

FINALLY.

Usually I'm so utterly alone in my legendary disdain for Tim Burton. He gets credit for being some kind of genius when 99% of the time he's taking something that already exists and just making it creepier.

Big Fish is the only film of his I genuinely like, even Nightmare Before Xmas has lost it's lustre (Coraline also filled any gap left by not having a favorite Henry Sellick flick on my list.) But Big Fish departs from his usual formula and that's probably why. I don't even think Johnny Depp is in it. I know it sounds impossible, but it may be true. Wait. Maybe he's in the catfish outfit. DAMN YOU, BURTON!


Matt D pointed me in the direction of this little gem too...


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! Spot on! Alice in Wonderland ads on Facebook are creeping me out with Johnny Deep's whacked out make-up tricks. *twitch*

Matthew said...

I'm a bad Burton fan as I found these HILARIOUS and spot-on. As well as disliking "Alice" and groaning at the news of his upcoming remakes, rather than originals. NmBC will forever be one of my favorite movies.